Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:10:51 EDT
  First you must figure out why imported beer is expensive and domestic beer
is cheap.  The American consumer buys more cheap beer and white bread than
good beer and real bread but when he buys the premium stuff he pays more.
  I am considering selling a few jars of the imported honey along with my
hand crafted selected premium stuff. The imported honey will bear a sign
"cheap generic import honey" my own honey will say premium local selected
honey.  Guess which one will sell.
   Lee Iacocca sold Japanese cars with Dodge labels to bail his company out,
all the while touting American made goods ( the label was American made) and
borrowing from the taxpayer to save his now foriegn company. It seems the big
packers do the same thing.
   Like selling a steak if you don't sell the sizzle you won't get a good
price.
If your honey is just another commodity then the economy of scale will put
you out of buisness.