Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:01:07 GMT
>>If one gets Goldenrod early in season....the honey is very light
and does not granulate faster than most.  But once Aster is mixed in,
the honey will granulate within a week of being extracted!

This is likely my case since we kept the hives out for an extra 3-4
weeks and aster continues to bloom after goldenrod has turned brown.

The flavor & aroma are superb and the crystal structure very fine.
It's a little on the hard side so not perfectly spreadable with a
knife but very delectable by the teaspoonful.

>>one company takes maximum advantage of this, see
www.reallyrawhoney.com...

At $12 a pound, that's great price!

>>the owners (who are marketers not beekeepers) attribute the fast
granulation to Goldenrod and want to purchase honey from beekeepers
in the NYS "Goldenrod Belt".

I should call them and sell them 200 lbs... as long as they don't
offer $1 a lb. ;-)

Waldemar