From:
Mark Coldiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:21:31 -0400
Hello All,

The following is the text being sent out in the Texas "BOLL WEEVIL
BULLETIN" June 2001.  What's wrong with this?!!  How many can you find?
I've already contacted the EPA.  Talk about David and Goliath!
*********
"Honey bee reminder

   Malathion ULV is used to eliminate boll weevil populations in the
eradication program.  Although it is very safe for humans and mammals,
malathion is toxic to bees.
   The eradication program only applies malathion to cotton plants, but
honey bees do visit blooming cotton fields, and in active eradication zones,
some treatments are applied to cotton during bloom.
   If you have hives, you can take the following steps to protect them.
   First, place hives as far away as possible from cotton fields.  If they
must be placed in an area where cotton is grown, consider moving them to
another location while cotton is in bloom.
   Be sure to contact the district supervisor in your area and identify the
location of your hives.  You will be added to a notification list and be
contacted if spraying will take place in your area.
   Our personnel want to work with you to protect your investment."
*******
Thanks
Mark (The Little/Coldiron Farm)

If what you're doing seems too hard...,