From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 07:56:28 -0700
Hi Allen and all:

Allen I just read your and another thoughts concerning AFB.

But there is a whole lot more to the problem, especially
the soup mixtures of bacteria that really are presumptive
evidence and present, that are looked at for AFB and EFB,to
tell beekeepers what they supposedly have for troubles.

Yet, it is B. alvei in many cases that is highly resistant
to drugs and not the B. larvae and M.pluton.

Other frequently found bacteria in these soup mixtures are
A. eurydice, and B. laterosporus for presumptive evidence
of the disease EFB.

So if other bacteria have to be present for presumptive
evidence and always there, then why do we get told it is
AFB and EFB and as commercial beekeepers not given the
whole picture? Especially if B. alvei is showing high
resistance triggering out of control problems in many
cases!

Just figured I'd ask you about it and get you comments and
thoughts.

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby