From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:00:34 -0500
Hello Martin,
Still trying to get a foot in the door of the U.S. queen market?
You are on the outside looking in. Things always look different when peeking
in the window so too speak.
Surely you can see the opportunity south of the border should the border
open. many large U.S. beeks use Hispanic workers now. many beeks speak
Spanish. ( me to a degree)
Shipping equipment south *if the border should open * would be simple.
Commerce between Mexico and the U.S. is brisk now.
These U.S. beeks are only seeing the business opportunities and are being
nudged by almond growers.
The demand is there for hives to pollinate almonds. Not for malko queens I
am afraid.
Many always discount what i say such as the opening of the Aussie imports
would happen and myself involved with  the first shipment. .
I personally see no need for your queens in the U.S. but my opinion means
little to you. The almond industry sees a  need for cheap bees and queens
out of Mexico.
Very powerful people involved in the almond industry.
Read the WTO rules.
Tell me what problems Mexico bees have that are not in the U.S.?

If the same logic is applied to the Mexican import ( for the sake of
discussion) as the Aussie import than
the border should open.
SHB is keeping the Canada border closed
cerana is closing the Aussie import.
What pest or problem has Mexican bees not yet in the U.S.?

SHB is spreading through California but politics are trying to keep a lid on
the problem. The California queen & package industry is trying to keep a lid
on the issue as once out Georgia will reclaim its share of the package
business. Lost with the discovery of SHb in Florida in 1998.
Both are shipping package bees with SHB. Georgia is cheaper ( mostly due to
lower labor costs)so if
both have SHB why spend the extra bucks buying California packages?
Martin I buy package bees out of
California and have seen plenty of SHB in those package bees as have my
friends.

bob

bob