From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:10:14 EDT
Since mites did us the favor of really knocking out feral colonies in many
parts of the U.S., one may be able to keep bees and equipment clean and free of
 Foul Brood without medication.

However, when feral colonies were common - and we see a bit of resurgence
amongst the feral colonies - if they weaken or die out from Foul Brood, your
bees will likely get it via robbing.

Personally, I found over the years that gifts of colonies from beekeepers
were not a good deal.  To the degree possible, we use only comb that our  bees
have drawn, and we treat packages when we get them.

Jerry
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211625659x1200715650/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=82&bcd=emailf
ooter)