From:
"Kevin R. Palm" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 23:01:04 -0500
Folks,

        I have just returned from my county beekeepers association meet-
ing, and was talking to our county bee inspector about my upcoming split
this spring.  He told me that he had read about a solution of sugar syrup
and vanilla extract that could be sprayed on both the new queen and the
queenless hive.  Once sprayed, the new queen could be immediately introduced
directly to the hive since they now smelled the same.  He couldn't remember
the exact formula for making this solution, though.  Has anyone had experience
with this method, and does anyone have the recipe for it?  Any help would
be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Kevin Palm

--
Kevin R. Palm                     |  Beekeeper (1 hive, 1st year)
Grafton, Ohio                     |  Red Dwarf/Babylon 5/NYPD Blue/ER fan