From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 06:40:14 -0400

>         I have also found it very hard to get the bees to draw out a
> straight box of foundation IF they don't have another place to store
> honey that is directly above that box.
>Josh Jaros

I have found the same thing. It is my standard procedure for drawing supers
of foundation. I first place two supers of drawn comb on the hive. Once the
colony is filling the supers well, I place a super of foundation under
them...directly on the broodnest. With a good flow, the foundation is drawn
quickly, and straight.
Mike