From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 07:39:43 -0400
> Actually, she did, but the interviewer is an idiot and that
> made the interview quite funny.  She said what she always
> says.  It's an alternate reality for many of us, but I do like
> and respect Dee. She's one of a kind. I just don't agree with
> her on many points.

Calling attention to such an interview does not seem to be respect for
someone liked.
Labeling her stance as an "alternate reality", ditto.

She keeps bees under extreme and very exceptional conditions, just as you
do.
None of her "points" appeared until AHB appeared in her area, so she's
talking about very different bees.
Engaging in debate any more detailed seems pointless, as it gives more
attention to ill-advised practices for EHB.

I for one am weary of teaching a deprograming/remedial section of our novice
class simply to accommodate those who appear in class after having watched
their bees die multiple years in a row.  Even when they ask for help, they
still want to argue that their practices are superior, despite the clear
evidence of 100% deadouts.  It forces me to keep up-to-date on the
ever-shifting claims made from this tiny but vocal subset of, as Dr. Eric
Mussen so elegantly put it, "nuisance beekeepers".