From:
Coleene Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:43:56 -0700
Hi,
Normally I just lurk but with the way things are going here-central lower Michigan-I was wondering if what I am seeing is just here or elsewhere as well.

Today is July 20 and I am seeing Goldenrod starting to bloom and Knapweed is in full bloom.  The Milkweed is done,the Asters are ready to pop and there is a local farmer that is getting ready to harvest corn!  Everything is about 4 weeks early.  I ran into this a couple years ago and somewhat last year as well.  By August and September everything is dried up and the bees are using their winter stores to survive the summer unless fed leaving starving colonies in the winter.

Coleene