From:
Lesli Sagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:51:41 -0500
"Whipped" honey? "Spreadable" honey? I switched over to wide mouth
jars, and put a label on all my honey telling people that it will
granulate, and why, and how to liquify, if they must. I emphasize that
this is natural and normal, and not spoilage. But I also let them know
that a great deal of the world prefers honey that is crystalized and
they might prefer it themselves (less mess!). Since a lot of my crop
is goldenrod, I can count on honey crystalizing quickly, and would
rather let people know what it is than mess around with liquifying
(and probably harming the flavor) of my honey. It seems to be paying
off, because several people have told me that it's the "best honey"
they've ever had, and they come back for more.