From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 05:05:20 -0800
> To follow this thread properly, Randy, should we pressume you are applying
> over doubles?

Thanks Juanse : )
Yes, applied over doubles.  But also tested in open air at that
temperature, weighing each day.  I was greatly surprised at how slowly
thymol crystals evaporate, even at high ambient temperature, at low
humidity.  This observation appears to be confirmed by Renaud's friend.

>Is it possible you guys had different formulations of thymol crystals?

Not likely.  I was using pure thymol crystals, not a formulation, any lumps
crushed, as per Peter's.

Thanks, Peter, for the answer about the brood chambers.

It is not surprising that some of us observe minimal evaporation of thymol,
since its vapor pressure is only 0.016 mm Hg at 25 deg C--roughly half that
of water, more in the ballpark of that of oils.  This physical property
suggests that there would be little sublimation.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA