From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 12:36:12 -0400
Hello All,
Yesterday I was at a new products viewing at Grainger Industrial Supply.
One of the booths had the new Cov-R-Guard shielded fluorescent lamps. The
lamps are Teflon coated and were designed for food service and processing.
Incandesant lamps are available also. They meet Fda,Nsf and Osha standards
without the protective plastic covers which turn yellow, are a fire hazard
and at times do not contain all the broken glass. Fires started by the use
of the plastic covers sparked the technology. G E Lighting makes the bulbs.
www.GELighting.com. ALL food processing areas in the U.S. are required to
have covered light bulbs to prevent broken glass from food. I thought the
list might be interested.
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri