From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 08:55:53 -0400
I'd like this hive to have two brood chambers, and I'm
wondering when and how to add it. I was thinking of
putting the second chamber, a queen excluder and a
super on this weekend, but I don't know if there's
something special I should do... move frames around?
Wait until after the fourth week? The two chambers
have different foundation, with the one now being used
having pure wax frames and the added one being
Dadant's Duragilt.

If the bees have drawn out all of the foundation in the first
chamber then it is fine to add the second. But wait on adding
the super until they have drawn out the second brood chambers
foundation. Otherwise they will tend to not draw out the
outer frames and could make quite a mess.