From:
Tim Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:12:09 PDT
Joel;
Having just finished rounding up 12 yards for hives I will be moving
this spring, I will take a stab at answering you question.
Get yourself a county or area map, so you will know who owns the land,
then you will know who to approach.
Then just drive around your area, looking for good bee forage,(ask if it
will be taken for sillage,that's cut too early) a relatively high site
with good air drainage, good access, and good shelter.(Also not
located too close to a residence) When you find that, check your map and
go have a pleasant chat with the farmer, let him know that a pail or
case of honey goes with the yard as rent(also let him know the benifits
of pollination).
 We now pack our honey in 2.2 lb container and give the
farmer a case for each yard every fall, they find the little container
easier to deal with, and apprieciate them, takes a little more to pack,
but in this business P.R. is almost 80% of the job. I hope I haven't
oversimplified the answer, but not knowing what you needed to know, I
included it all.

TPLR HONEY FARMS
Tim Townsend
RR 1 Stony Plain Alberta