From:
Edward E Southwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 15:45:14 -0500
º  Edward E. Southwick             Department of Biology         º
º  Lab: 716-395-5743               State University of New York  º
º  Voice Mail: 716-395-2193        Brockport, New York 14420     º
º  FAX: 716-395-2416               U.S.A.                        º
º  BITNET: Southwik@Brock1P                                      º
º  Internet: [log in to unmask]                º
Dear people using BEE-L.
There seems to be some confusion on how this listserv works.
When you send a message, it goes out to everyone on the list
except you (sender).  Presumably you know what you sent.  Only your
local compu-guru can get you a copy immediately.  You, however,
can obtain a copy by listing the mail over the past time of
interest (day, week, month).  It's all on file.

I hope we can see more interesting questions and answers that
pertain to research on social insects.  The pheromone question
was good and generated good answers.

Meanwhile up here in upstate New York, we and the bees are waay
down under as we received yet another blast of snow covering
most of the openings (even at the top) with a crust of snow.
So, how can they breath?  They certainly DO utilize plenty of
oxygen to keep warm.  They MUST have a small opening somewhere.

I am interested in what is known about chill-coma.  How cold
can individual worker honey bees get and still survive?