From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 08:13:33 -0700

> >Most researchers working on a possible cause and focused on a single cause

I agree with Pete--there are few researchers focused on a single cause.
Several have investigated single causes, but haven't found that they account
for observed problems alone.

The only folk that appear to be focused on single causes are beekeepers (and
a very few researchers) who blame the neonics or N ceranae.  The case
against N ceranae currently appears to me to be stronger than that against
the neonics, but neither of them *alone* appear to be definitive causative
factors.

>*if* location is important then why?

Good point!   In my case, I am fortunate that at most of my locations, I do
not have to deal with the massive pesticide issues that the large commercial
pollinators do.  Nevertheless, I certainly observe strong location effects.
One appears to be nutritional, the other appears to be competition with, and
exposure to other commercial beekeepers.

As Jerry can confirm, CCD appears to be contagious, which certainly
indicates that it is related to a transmissible pathogen, likely triggered
by additional factors.

Randy Oliver