Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1991 20:23:22 -0400
Fellow Honey Bee Researcher:

In an effort to improve the lot of honey bee molecular geneticists, I
am starting a THoney Bee Molecular Genetics NewsletterU in
January 1992.  It will be a quarterly newsletter that will be
worldwide in its distribution, and deal primarily with the molecular
genetics of Apis mellifera, although mention of other species will
not be forbidden!  The goals of this newsletter will be to: 1)
increase communication between researchers, 2) increase
cooperation among researchers, 3) increase awareness of
published work, and 4) compile a list of researchers and their
interests.  Toward this end, the newsletter will include in each
issue short descriptions of research projects, short reviews, lists of
researchers and their areas of interest, lists of published papers of
interest, letters to the editor, and news (conferences, etc.).  The
newsletter will be free to those interested.

If you are interested in receiving this newsletter, please indicate
your interest by sending to me; 1) your name, address and phone
number, 2) your FAX number, 3) your BITNET or e-mail address,
4) a short (20-50 word) description of your honey bee molecular
genetics interests.  These will be compiled and appear in the
inaugural issue in January 1992.

Pass this information to anyone else that may be interested.  Do
not reply to me on the BEE-L bulletin board.  Send it to my BITNET
address.

Charles Milne
Department of Entomology
Washington State University