From:
Chris Heffner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Heffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 23:09:51 -0400
Hello group,

I am a second year beekeeper that bought a nuc with a Carniolan queen, last
season to start with.

I am learning quickly about swarming...do not take lightly they're desire to
swarm...My hive began making preparations for swarming in the end of the
first week of May, in Central Pennsylvania. I should have requeened them
early this spring. I was amazed at how fast they were ready to go.

I will say this they are so gentle. I could probably do almost anything to
that hive and they barely notice. If you roll too many they get upset. The
only other thing that seems to bother them is too much smoke...I rarely use
it anymore except when opening up.

I will continue to keep them and see if they remain gentle. I hope others
continue to tell of their experience with them it  is very interesting to me
to read others experiences with them.

Chris Heffner