From:
Frank Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:46:01 -0400
> Snip> Unfortunately many home owners want the bees
> "Killed" no later than 3 days before they called you and a wait of 4
> weeks is out of the question. If there is a faster way of hiving these
> bees without tearing into the wall and the associated expense, I would
> like to know. I certainly am not to old to learn and am always looking
> for new tricks to try. :~)
>

> In HIS Service
>
> Robert (Scott) Fairing

In Tennessee USA exterminators are refusing to kill honeybees.  One
exterminator was sued for damages after killing a colony because the honey
and brood fermented and caused a terrible odor in the house.  Of late they
are telling home owners that it is now illegal to kill feral bees.  So that
leaves beekeepers.  I bait most bees from homes and tell the homeowner it
will take 6 weeks.  If they want it done yesterday, I tell them to call a
contractor.  Of course they can't get anyone to come.  I had on building
owner last year that wanted them out in a week.  I explained that it would
take 6 weeks then I would allow the wall to be robbed.  He finally agreed
but after 3 weeks he had me to come and get my bait hive so that he could
paint.  I removed the hive and they recovered nicely.  He has been bugging
me to get them out but at present he is at the bottom of my list and the
list is getting longer.

Frank Humphrey