From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:31:07 -0600
I have long wondered what draws a person to be a beekeeper.  Are we unique
in some ways?  Are there identifiable groups within the beekeeping
community?  I have asked this of Bee-L before.  Now Wendy Schweigert of
Bradley University and I are beginning a project to look for answers to
these questions.  We would appreciate any from the Bee-L list and their
associates taking a few minutes to help us with this quest.  Subjects from
novice to well-seasoned, from the US and other countries, are needed.  Here
is the press release that will be showing up in BC and ABJ next month.  The
survey is available at SurveyMonkey now.  Thanks for your help.

Larry Krengel

I, along with Wendy Schweigert and a team of her students from Bradley, will
be conducting research about beekeepers and their characteristics.  The
results of this research will be used to identify characteristics of those
who chose to become beekeepers, to compare various subgroups of beekeepers
with each other, and to compare other groups with beekeepers.

If you are 18 years or older and keep bees you are invited to be a part of
this research by completing short anonymous survey about beekeepers.  We are
interested in new beekeeper as well as those who are experienced.  Hobbyist,
sideliners and commercial beekeepers are all invited to participate.  The
survey can be found at [URL for survey on surveymonkey.com].  The survey
will be available online until February 14, 2010.

If you have any questions about this research please feel free to contact
Dr. Wendy Schweigert at [log in to unmask]

To access the survey click on the following link, or cut and paste it into
your browser.  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9NSWHZ5

Larry Krengel