From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:21:46 -0700
>I always try to avoid making these things personal, and am always
surprised when other folks do so. On the other hand, my sense is that this
is a discussion group.

Absolutely!  I was surprised by your recent use of the term "flak," which
has negative implications.  I certainly hope that you haven't taken any of
my comments as being either personal or flak, as I'd rather quit posting
than have them taken that way.

As you've stated before, Pete, you submit posts in order to initiate
discussion, and we ALL thank you for that!  I in turn often join in
discussion of those posts.  There is no one on the List, least of all me,
who would doubt your vast knowledge on bees and beekeeping, nor your
generous intent of sharing information.

I found that two of your recent posts indeed brought up points of
discussion.  At least in my case, I make great effort to carefully word my
to you or anyone else.  As with you Pete, I feel that every aspect of
beekeeping and bee science should be open to free and polite challenging,
debate, and discussion.  It is not about winning a argument.  When I
discuss your posts with you on Bee-L, I do so as a respectful friend.  If I
thought that anything might be taken personally, I'd write to you privately.

What I really like about Bee-L is that Aaron moderates this list so that we
can all discuss points in a friendly and cooperative manner.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA