From:
KN Bokhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 19:33:09 -0100
At 16:04 12-03-96 +0100, you wrote:
>Subject: "What's he doing NOW?" => Nassanof pheromones lures.
>
>        * 1 ml n-hexane
>        * 100 ug (= about 0.1 ml) Citral, mixed isomers (E + Z)
>        * 100 ug (= about 0.1 ml) Geraniol
>        * 100 ug mixed isomers (E+Z) Geranic acid  and  Nerolic acid
>
>As I don't find the last 2 acids, I'm obliged to work without them.
>Free said it works but not so well that its full formula.
>

>Geraniol and Citral can be supplied both at the "Sigma Chemical Co"
>St Louis or at the "Aldrich Co" or at the "ICN" Costa Mesa CA.
>
>BTW Does anyone know where it's possible to buy the 2 acids I don't
>find in my catalogs ? It's important because seems this compounds
>really increase the efficience of the mixture.  TIA
>

>Soon ...
>
>Jean-Marie <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hi Jean-Marie
The acids you asked for can be bought  in the US
Bedoukian Research Inc
21 Finance Drive
Danbury, CT 06810
tel (203) 792 8153
fax (203) 792 0145

In your recipe you mention 100 ug =0.0 ml
I think that 0.1 mug is meant, wich is thousend times less.
in the recipe is the greek m mentioned.

A 10% solution of these chemicals gives a very stong odour, which is not
likely if you are dealing with pheromones.

Success

Karel N. Bokhorst
E-mail: [log in to unmask]