From:
"MORGAN, ANTHONY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 16:12:40 GMT+0100
Hei!

 Daniel J. Salemson wrote:
> > I once saw a video about skunks munching on bees at night......

I asked an additional question
about the drone slaughter behaviour of worker bees, which
fortunately has nothing to do with skunks (we dont have them here in
Norway!). Sounds like beekeeping in USA is fraught with all sorts of perils!

And Liz Day wrote:
> I don't keep bees, but just a guess - maybe the drones hadn't
>had anything to eat in a while, maybe they were already half-starved

in answer to
        How is it done...
        How can a worker force a much bigger drone to move
        in this way?
        Why were the drones acting as if they were already half
                    dead?

Well, maybe they were half-starved, if so, how on earth were they
prevented from feeding long enough to get in that state? Any more
ideas?

Cheers Tony
Anthony N. Morgan (Tony)                 Fax: +47 73 89 62 86
"Stavshagen"                          E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Midtsandan                               Sor-Trondelag College
7563 MALVIK                              Elec. Eng. Department
Norway                                   7005 TRONDHEIM, Norway