From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 20:00:32 -0800
At 09:48 AM 12/26/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I appreciate your effort to convince me about the advantages of HFCS over
>sugar syrup, but if you read my first post about this matter you could have
>noticed that I also think  HFCS is cheaper and better at least given the
>market conditions of sweeteners in the USA.

Hi Martin,

Sorry if I missed the meat of the tread, too many posts and two little time
or it did not reach me.

In any case I am not trying to sell anybody anything, but at times I must
admit it may read like I was.
For sure what works best for you is what you should use. Much sucrose syrup
was still used here for the can of syrup in package bee's the last time I
checked, but can not say what is being used today.

>The reason why I suggested the use of tartaric acid was because a
>particular beekeeper located in the coastal area of Virginia asked for
> Had you read my first post you could have saved at least part of the
precious minutes you invested in

>I have three years of experience working for American queen breeders both
>in California and southeast Georgia, so as you imagine I am absolutely
>familiar with different kinds of artificial feeding from Drivert to HFCS.

You are ahead of me I have never worked for any of them but have worked
with them and was one for most of 40+ years I have been in the bees but I
do not know it all by a long way as I have never heard of anyone using
"tartaric acid" in the bee business to invert sugar or for anything else
but that is not to say that it is not something we should all be doing but
does seem at least to me just extra expense and work but then when I think
of feeding bees it sends chills to my check book anyway.

ttul,  Andy-
(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!