From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:25:21 EST
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:10:35 -0500 MIDNITEBEE <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>http://www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee/
>
>2)I beleive every beekeeper has bees.:)) Bees+ tweezers+
>patient=apitherapy?Please correct if my information is wrong. I have a
>neighbor who might be interested in this type of therapy.

1)AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! The spell checker must be re-installed.

 Herb-----You should have used your spell checker again - see "beleive"
above. :-)

That response you labeled "2)" above is obvious info - taint't why I
asked!  :-)

I am asking on behalf of a fellow beekeeper who is supplying bees to
someone
where he works (gratis). This woman brings them to her niece, who
has MS and is finding a bit of relief from the stings her husband
administers. My fellow beekeeper puts twenty or so bees in any handy
container,
like a peanut butter jar, plus a little comb and some honey. He also adds
an empty
cardboard toilet roll. He does this to give them some place to get in the
dark
and get in a clump. His problem is that he says that there is a high
mortality
rate, so he is wondering if there is a better way to containerize them
for transit
to the patient.

The patient visited Charles Mraz in Vermont who administered the first
batch
of stings. It seems that the number and frequency of administration is
just
by trial and error until the patient finds what works/helps, if at all.

That is the reason for my inquiry.

Al
---
Al Needham--Scituate,MA,[log in to unmask]
Author Of "The HoneyBee"-- Educational Program About Honey
Bees With A Superb Slide Show-Version 2.1 (c) 1997
Download From Sweden At  : http://www.kuai.se/~beeman