From:
Kim Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 22:20:16 -0700
>Hello out there.  I have a few questions for you more experienced bee
>keepers.  My bees are continuing to draw comb and store honey even though the
>large blackberry honey flow is now over.  I can't figure out where the
>current flow is comming from.  Queen Annes Lace, Bachelors Button,  Sweet
>Pea, White Clover

if there is enough of it, yes

 and Purple Thistle are each present in rather smallish
>roadside quantity.

I don't think that any of these would produce that much. Isn't there some
fireweed  around in the clear cuts where you have your hives? What about
Lotus aka birdfeet trefoil. It should be in a lot of the low land pastures
and meadows.

 Can anyone comment on the probability that any of these
>plants are the source of the flow?  I am also interested to know which you
>all think are definately not the honey flow source.   In addition, can anyone
>suggest a good book that describes honey plants and their relative importance
>in honey manufacture.  I am particularly interested in a book that covers
>Western plants well. (speak out western bee keepers)  Thanks to everyone in
>advance for your help.
>
>Steven A. Davis
>Clackamas Co. , Oregon

There is a book called Honey plants of Oregon written by someone in the
Oregon coastal range. I can't remenber her name.