From:
John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:32:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 4:59:54 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< To Tucson bee lab: You know i speak the truth and can prove it. To save
face
only tell us why you feel those paddies and strips are neccessary to proving
your theory.  >>

Hi Bob,
   Sorry, I'm a little confused and maybe haven't been paying as much
attention as I should. What is the erroneous assertion that you are
correcting, or theory that you are disproving? Has the Tucson bee lab been
claiming that they have developed a bee that is immune to varroa?
   Tolerance and resistance are not the same thing as total immunity, it just
means that the hives can withstand higher loads of mites, go longer between
treatments, or require less toxic treatments. Even the Russian bees—which
have been coevolving with varroa for 150 years—are coming with to us with the
caveat that we should treat with formic once a year.