From:
"<Tom Hochheimer>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 1995 17:54:36 -0500
Hello fellow Beekeepers,

        I am a hobby beekeeper with six hives in eastern
Pennsyvalnia, east of Philadelphia.  I robbed my girls early
this year in July in order to treat early with Apistan strips.
Verroa mites have hit our area hard last year and
many local beekeepers lost their hives after taking
their honey in September.
        Since July, there has been a decent late honey
flow and all my hives have refilled their supers.
The Apistan strips were placed in the brood boxes
(two strips/five frames) for about six weeks as the label
recommends. I robbed them again this month (Oct.)
and have extracted the honey. The cappings will be
rendered only for the wax for candles.
Is this honey really contaminated with traces of  fluvalinate?
What can I do with it?  I'm sure this problem has been
faced by many others.
        Thanks in advance for your advice. I don't want to
offer tainted honey to any friends or relatives.

Downingtown,  PA.