From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:55:12 -0500
I've noticed the same, Kirk. Some strains produce long, fat cells,
while others produce short. I bought some queens from JP Chapleau in
Quebec. Their colonies raised the largest, fattest queen cells by
far. I thought the Glenn VSH stocks raised the smallest. Opening the
cells and laying the pupae on the table shows no difference in the
size of the pupae. In the long cells, the pupa is further down in the
cell, while in the short, it's up closer to the cup. Both groups had
enough jelly. I also haven't seen any difference in the size of the
queens, or the production next year.

Is this what you see, too?
Mike