From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:33:29 -0500
Most who are in apitherapy keep far away from "practicing medicine" and
for good reason. Stinging people has risks. Plus, there is a lot of hype
but limited proof. I can testify that my arthritis was cured by bee
stings, but I know of others who had no relief. I have met people who
were aided by stings in coping with MS, but I know others where nothing
happened.

I also know some who really were reacting to the Placebo effect and
sweared by bee stings, but they were no better physically than before,
but they had a better attitude.

If Doctors and Pharmaceutical Companies had the same results as
Apitherapy they would be sued into bankruptcy and we would all call them
quacks because they could not deliver consistent results. Unfortuantely,
that is true for most "natural" medicines. Especially since that was the
medicine we relied on when our live spans were less than 40 years.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME