From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 06:37:27 -0700
On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Elroy Rogers wrote:

> Hi all beelovers,
>     I am sorry to inform everyone that reistance to FGMO as already showed up!
> It is on this list, I am not talking about the v-mites I am talking about
> everyone that has the title master beekeeper, state bee inspector, PHD or some
> other fancy title after their name. I had checked back on all the personal
> emails I have received on FGMO and the ones that disagree, or state there is no
> scientific evidence to backup the FGMO statements. They are people that work
> for the government in some way, WHY?  From past expierence  I have always
> learned to follow the money, I have lost friends because I have borrowed them
> money.
>
> Now I could not think of any money trail out there, but now I remmember. THERE
> WILL BE MONEY FLOWING LIKE HONEY FROM THE NHB FOR RESEARCH IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

 Hi Elroy and All,

  I would like to make a point about the ones that want the scientific
evidence on FGMO.The definition of evidence is per American Heritage
Dictionary- New College Edition, " The data on which a judgement or
conclusion may be based, or by which proof or probability may be
established." The reason that people with fancy titles after there names
need evidence is quite simple.They want to see real proof and not just
claims. Some of these people are on the leading edge of Honey Bee
research.Many have studied Bees for over 30 years.We are lucky for there
presence on this list. If you read there posts closley ,they do not say
that FGMO will not work.They want evidence and in a nice way , ask
questions that we should all ask, before screaming from the mountain top.
 It is dangerous to post information on this list with out being shure of
the results. FGMO has been used for many years against HBTM.The people
that used FGMO put it on a paper towel , then on top of the brood
nest.They also treated for Varroa or they lost there bees.The way you
apply FGMO is important and has to be very specific.We all love Honey Bees
and don't need a title , to ask questions. We make progress only with good
questions asked and as many opinions as possible.
 To set the records straight, there is not a lot of money out there for
Honey Bee research.The people that get it have earned the right to preform
the reaserch.Just having a PhD will not get you the grant money.You need
more under the hood and are in compitition for the moneys that are
availible.It is easy to blame the government or others.I know how the
govenerment works. I spent 32 1/2 years in the DOD. Most of the time in
management.We do need to work together and use others with more training
as a tool and a positive help for the future in beekeeping.We make this a
positive place.We all have something to say. It might not be are opinion
but it is valid for the one that makes the statement.
 Best Regards
 Roy