From:
Jim Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:36:54 -0400
I had been toying with the idea of fitting a perspex window in one of my
brood boxes to enable me to observe what is happening
inside. The thickness of the perspex or similar transparent plastic would
be chosen, so as to provide the same thermal performance
as the original wood. I am assuming that this would be difficult with
glass.
Is this wise ? Will the bees object to the light ( I could always provide a
screen to cut out the light ).

I notice that H Storch in his book 'At the Hive Entrance' talks about a
building frame that seems to perform a similar function, although
there are no details as to construction.

Any advice would be welcome before I embark on the project. At the moment I
only have a single hive ( next to the house ).