From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:08:30 EST
Hi folks,

I imagine everyone is getting tired of proper use lectures, but I can't
help myself.  I've spent the last FOUR HOURS(!) catching up on maintenance
and reading the weekend traffic.  Part of that time was spent
analyzing the ratio of quoted to new material for Saturday and Sunday.

Results:  30% - that's an entire THIRD! of what was posted this weekend
was quoted material of what had already been posted.  ONE THIRD!

For the sake of brievity I'll keep this tirade short:  Please folks,
keep quotes of previous material to a minimum!  If you personally don't
know how to respond to a post without appending the entire post to your
response, well LEARN of DON'T RESPOND!!!  I hope you'll learn because I'd
hate to see responses go unmade.  Please, the volume on this list has
become excessive!!!  The content is rich, but requoting material just
increases the noise to signal ratio.

Aaron Morris - thinking you can quote me on this one! :-/