From:
Fernando Esteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:44:37 -0300
 >  I wonder if those results are from sterilized combs put on an infected
> colony? If so would expect results. However if (?) treatment kills spores
> it
> is not clear how they would regenerate?  Comment please.

I doubt that you achieve sterilize combs with that methot.
You are only reducing the microbial load. (It is not bad but it is very far
of sterilization).

To sterilize with hypochlorite it is necessary to clean and remove all dust
and fat from the surface you want to sterilize. Morover an hypochlorite
solution needs to remain 20 minutes without dry over the surface to be
sterilize.
Besides, I do not know which is the optimum pH to kill the spore, pH varies
depending on the concentration of hypochlorite and coadjuvants of commercial
formulas like "Clorox"

Therefore, it is very likely to remain viable spores on the combs.

best regards
fernando
CBA - ARG