From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2017 10:19:28 -0500
Pete wrote:

> >In fact, I was able to collect evidence for either case: 1) year old
> queens always outperform older queens vs 2) queens are fully capable
> in their second year. (References available on request).

Randy Wrote:

I've also researched this subject deeply, and concur with Pete.

Concur?  That you can make a case for both young and old??  In a way that makes my point clearly!( If I understood you correctly)

Again,  I am not disagreeing with the statement,  you can easily find data to support both therin lies the real problem.

While driving I thought of a better way to make my point.

In life we measure things,  we say a foot,  we all can relate, same with a pound or a gram.  Or maybe PH levels,  we have a standard.  Shift to color and it gets a bit muddier.   When I say red,  the range is pretty wide.  So things get harder (unless of course your using a colorimeter)

In AG,  we can pick almond trees by LBS per acre,  Heck there is a huge book on Chickens.  Goes into great detail on 100's of breed of personality, weight, difficulty to breed and egg laying.

We talk about any AG product we have some standards.  Days to market,  yields per acre.

When we do bee research,  queen A outproduced queen B,  and we get published and accolades......  there in lies the real problem with our industry.  The first step to fix it is admit it.