From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 09:35:55 +1100
> > When I was younger my mother used to buy us kids whipped honey.  I
> > have seen it mention in books, but I have not found how this is done.
> >  So my question is does anyone on the list know how to make whipped
> > honey?

While most creamed honey in New Zealand is made by a 'proper'
creaming process (adding a starter of fine grained honey,
thorough stirring, temperature control, packing at the right
point), in the past there was some 'whipped honey'.

There was even a special piece of equipment invented to do it.
It was, I believe, a sort of heavy duty pump, which pumped the
nearly granulated honey through, physically breaking up the
crystal structure as it did so.  Called the 'Paterson creamer'.

Only potential problem with some of the methods of doing this
sort of 'creaming' is the incidental/accidental inclusion of
small air bubbles, which would lower the quality of the final
product.

I personally don't care for the texture on the tongue compared
to a honey carefully creamed through the normal NZ methods...

  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]
  (/      work [log in to unmask]
NZ Beekeeping http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw/nzbkpg.htm