From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:22:58 -0700
Apologies to Randy but here in the real northern california, lol, (San
Fran/Sacramento is northern california for most of the world by the way), we
had snow day before, some rain yesterday, but temps at night have still been
below freezing, with hard winds pretty common.  Supposed to be unsettled
weather for another week. Drought concerns somewhat modified by last several
months precip, which is not the case for SOUTHERN California, still in
drought status.. Of course, Redding is the beginning of northern california
from my perspective on the border of Oregon.  We are seeing dandelion bloom
starting, with wild plums and some wild flowers attempting to survive the
freezing temps.

Thanks to Bob for starting this thread--think it got a little afar from your
original question though, but very interesting even so!

Jim Smith
State of Jefferson
California