From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2015 12:55:10 -0400
Hi All,
 I went with packages 99% of the time. The 1% was from a friend that made splits from the 600 hives he ran.
Two years ago I started 10 packages on new foundation and box's to get bees as clean as possible. We had a good year and I did get 11 buckets (5 gal) off of the 10 new hives. The weather had a lot to do with the success.
 I do not want anyone else's problems.  Even with packages, your open to some of the same things that affect all of us this day and age. I lean away from old comb and have done so over all the years I have been keeping bees. Three years is enought no exceptions. What you can't see could hurt you. ( and the bees)
 I take it serious. I burned 2013 hive bodies and frames in 2013. A easy way to remember the #. I started all new equipment for a good baseline. I had too much of the unknown with the old box's and frames.
 Newbies need good mentors and some good classes I beekeeping.
The Best
Roy Nettlebeck