From:
Phil Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:48:22 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Goudie" <

> Here in Scotland my hives are positioned on a south facing bank in order
> attract as much heat and sun as possible.  Are hives in Cyprus positioned
in
> a similar manner?

I have always placed my hive in shaded wooded areas to prevent overheating
in the summer, I see pictures of  out apiaries in North America in the open
with no shade summer or winter. Is there any evidence of  temperature
control difficulties in such hives? or does the increase in solar gain
improve productivity?
Phil Moore
Shropshire
England