Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:08:22 -0400
>>Those who have experienced these kinds of losses know that they are not due
>>to treating or it's lack.

>We went over and over Hackenbergs losses on the list and found plenty of
>reasons to point at as other possible issues caused his losses
>I am more than willing to let the subject of both your hive loss go away but
>if I was to look at the way you both kept your hives before the loss I see
>plenty of causes for hive loss.

Not to argue too sterenuously, Bob, but I have never seen anything like what I
saw last fall and I have seen a lot of bee losses.

I didn't think I pushed my luck all that far and still don't know exactly what the
cause was.  I saw no nosema and I did a (cursory check).  The mite levels were
high, but many have reported much higher levels without such loss, and many
of the hives lost were splits in their first year.

Whatever it was, it took no prisoners.

I tend to agree with Dennis and also Jerry.  IMO, this is not the same old same old.

I hope I never see it again.