From:
George Clarkson/SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 13:54:30 EST
Bee-l'ers:

I have just had a colony diagnosed with American Foulbrood.  I know I need to
burn the frames and combs.  I have heard however that the body, bottom board and
cover can be reused if they are thoroughly scorched with a propane torch.  Is
this correct?

Secondly, despite preventative terramycin treatments, the nearby strong colony
that was robbing the diseased colony appears to also have AFB.  It is not
widespread yet, only on a few combs in a 2 deep super hive.  They are otherwise
strong and there is a lot of healthy brood.  Is there any hope to continue
treating it?  I would like to think I could pull it through since it is
otherwise in good shape.

Thanks for any advice.

George