From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:30:03 -0700
I use a normal coffee mill to grind the propolis into powder. I have encapsulated propolis for years for selling to health food stores.But for the bees I mix the propolis when needed which is practicalyy nill (like less then 1 hive in a few hundred needing anything anymore since SC usage of 4.9mm top tolerance) into paddies which is simply granulated honey and then put on wax paper and put over broodnest/cluster. Nothing hard.Just substitute the propolis powder in place of terrymicin. The bees will eat and chew/dissolve the propolis with mouth parts and use this way, both for selves (digestive tracts)  and for where needed in hives.

But have wrote about doing this 93-94 into 1996, prior to second shakedown from 5.0mm - 5.1mm sizing to 4.9mm top tolerance, which solved our problem for secondary diseases which were eating us alive, though our bees lived with varroa okay day to day with first shakedown from 5.4mm sizing. So information should still be here in archives even like also on biobee, irishlist, and organiclist, and beesource.com forums.

Dee A. Lusby