From:
Robert E Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 11:23:00 EDT
Dear Florence & Mark,
It sounds as if you are off to a good start. I would suggest that you
consider putting three supers on as brood chambers. This would give you
enough storage for the winter. (It sounds like a good idea to use supers
for brood to protect your back.) Be sure to consider obtaining a
queen-excluder to go above the top brood chamber. This will keep you from
having brood or eggs up in your honey.
My first hive was given to me when I was fifteen years old (In 1946) and
I appreciated the help of others at that time.
The agriculture extension service has some material available. They may
have information about a hobby group or organization in your area. I am
sure that they would be happy to offer suggestions and help. We are
always looking for interested young people to "Carry-on".

Feel free to contact me at any time.

Bob Neely
Goose Creek, SC

PS: Did you know that JUNO is a free E-Mail service that is available to
all?

REN