From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:54:30 -0700
Some of the Newsgroups I subscribe to post their FAQ's monthly. We might
not want to post the extensive FAQ because it would generate the
standard "bandwith" complaint, but could be a short "welcome" with many
links, with the first to the Bee-L FAQ and the second to Alan's site
with its BeeL archives. I note that many of you direct questions to
links. It is a good technique. I appreciate it and usually go for a
visit.
My initial problem with the Bee-L was not in asking neewby questions.
Even if I asked a complex question, I had no idea how to find out if it
had already been thoroughly discussed because I was internet and
listserv ignorant. I hate to tell you how long it took me to master
NOMAIL, when I left on vacation.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME