From:
James McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:07:28 -0600
Thanks for the good feed back, this really helps and calms my fear of HMF.

I use feeders that sit on top of the top box and below the inner cover.
Many times here in North Alabama, the temp will get in the upper 40's to
upper 50's in late Jan to early Feb and then turn cold again. They start
flying using up their stores trying to find food. This happened last year
and I only lost 1 hive out of 35 due to starvation. I had several beek
friends that did not check and feed at that time and lost over 50% to
starvation. The weather in this area is a little crazy that time of year,
so I try to stay a step ahead, but sometimes I will stumble and fail.