From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:43:04 -0600
Hello Chuck & All,
Most *natural* products have in fact been tested by the USDA in the U.S. and
found to not be very effective.  Many which were promoted on the internet
were not effective at all.  I would check with the Beltsville bee lab to see
if your product has already been tested.
If you have found a product which is giving varroa control then the bee labs
can tell you how to run experiments with controls.  Without documentation to
back up your claims your *natural* control will fall on deaf ears. In order
for most of us to get on board we need to see results from a Bee Labs tests
with controls.  Many beekeepers lost hives trying *natural* methods. I have
a open mind and don't want in any way to discourage you.  In fact I would
encourage you but beekeepers are wary of unproven methods based only on word
of mouth.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,Missouri

 I am writing up a research proposal for a new varroa treatment.  It would
 use a natural product.  I need information on what products are registered
 in different countries.  I'd appreciate any information on what products
 are registered, what the active ingredient is and what the relative price
 is.  Also how many colonies are in the country?  Are they all treated?  How
 much treatment is there with "official" products vs. others?