Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:45:30 EDT
What to do?
Started with 2 hives.
Made 2 splits.
Caught a swarm from one original hive.

Now I have a hive that has already produced a medium fulll of capped honey
and going great.  I removeed this super and added ross round supers (2).
Next to it is a hive (1 deep, 1 med) full of bees and honey.  No brood eggs
or larva so , I guess, no queen.
Should I requeen or combine the two hives and if so what is the right way to
do it?
Two of the other hives are in the same shape.  I am going to the 5th now.  If
I find another queenless hive, I may really go for a 5th.  These queenless
hives are mean.  They sent me to get gloves and long pants.  I tried to stay
in there but I guess I'm not as tough as I like to think.
Thanks for any help, I feel like I need to do something very soon.
Richard

BTW.  1queenless hive was left after a swarm and had queen cells and brood. I
left it to raise its own queen.  No luck there.

The other queenless hive was given a new queen that I thought had been
accepted. Guess not.