Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:42:14 -0400
>> Might be true, but how do we know that?
> Because the data from the Moran study is pretty clear.  Bees recently
> established from packages on the East and West coast had the highest
> (very high) copy rates of antibiotic resistant genes in their gut
> microbes.

Is that not circular logic?

> Is it really worth debating if "virtually down the road" includes
> locations 35 miles apart?

I think it is.  People play fast and loose with the facts.  The main
component of Dee's success as far as an objective observer can see is
the arrival of AHB, but that is glossed over and denied by the fans.

Sorry, but I am out of time today and for a while, so do not have time
to spent on this, but I hope someone takes a good look at the study you
offered and posts here. Whereas I am often sitting around bored at my
desk with time to pore over dreary texts, for the next while, I am very
busy.

I don't mean to blow the topic off.  It is just that if you pitch
something, I am going to look at the pitch first and that will reflect
-- perhaps unjustly -- on the paper being proffered.

I always enjoy your posts, especially the briefer ones, your perspective
and the dialectics.

Gotta run