From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:18:40 -0400
"Dr. Pedro P Rodriguez" wrote:
>     It seems like such a waste to spend time answering to "supposed;
> imaginary
> arguments against FGMO.  However, because these comments are capable of
> deterring beekeepers from even trying out the use of FGMO, one feels
> that there is a need to clarify each new "guess" proposed on this
> thread.

Actually, I was, early in the morning, trying to make some sense in what
was happening to the Varroa when particles were introduced into the
hive. I appreciate your comments, and, as I said, it was my guesses.

There are many articles on smoke as a mite dropper. I just learned the
latest research indicates that it may be the residue of the smoke that
caused varroa drop.

http://www.nalusda.gov/ttic/tektran/data/000011/09/0000110950.html

I went to the site

http://www.apicultura.com.ar/

to find the information on FGMO, but need the issue that the articles
are in.
I would appreciate it if you can provide it.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME